If you want to get involved in this movement, please get in touch with us. You can help our coalition bring change in the following ways:
- Share your story with us! We know that many of you are going through difficult challenges, whether eviction, surrender of a beloved family pet, or other extenuating circumstances related to “no pets” policies. Send us a message with a family photo through our Facebook page or
- We are now accepting donations!
Although this is a volunteer-run organization, we have some hard costs. Donations can be made to the Animal Protection Party of Canada who are helping us cover the costs of organizing, creating leaflets, rentals for town halls, and more. With your donation you will be able to get a tax receipt. For more information about donating to the Animal Protection Party, please visit their website here.
- Help collect signatures for our Petition!
- Print out our petition to the Legislature of B.C. (PDF download).
- Gather signatures in your community (we will be tabling public events for this soon in Vancouver and Victoria. Get in touch if you want to coordinate a tabling event near you!)
- Once you’ve collected your signatures, mail them to the address below:
Pets OK BC
#303 – 2055 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, BC V5N 5T6
- Sign the petition in the community.
We are doing our best to get the petition out to as many people as possible. However, to make it easier, we are working with some local businesses to have the petitions in their stores for people to sign. You can also sign the petition at special outreach events in the community. Follow our Facebook Page to see where our next outreach event will be. Here is the current list of locations that have the petition:
Pet Solutions, Sunshine Hills Plaza, 6447 120 Street
Autumn Services, 312 McMillan Ave
Roving K-9 Kare, 839 Victoria Street
Tisol, 103-20645 Langley Bypass
Serious Coffee (South Parkway Plaza) / 4-1275 Island Highway South
BC SPCA Nelson Branch, 520 Falls Street
Columbia Square Animal Hospital, Unit 109 – 1015, Columbia Street
Lucky’s Pet Supply, 104-2100 Main St
Companion Pet Foods & Supplies, 8 – 8671 No 1 Road (Seafair Shopping Centre)
High Point Animal Hospital, 9666 King George Blvd
Cedar Hills Animal Hospital, 12863 96 Avenue
Pet Solutions, Dell Shopping Centre, 10602 King George Blvd
Angel Animal Hospital, 10318 Whalley Boulevard
City Petcare Hospital, #120 – 7218 King George Blvd
Tails Pet Supplies and Services, 2990 Highway Drive
Barks and Recreation Pet Services, 1208 Pine Ave
BC SPCA Trail Regional Branch, 7700 3B Highway
Tisol, 3033 Grandview Highway
Ball & Biscuit, 532 E Broadway
Mr. Pets, 1710 Commercial Dr
Long Live Cats and Dogs, 2425 East Hastings
Mark’s Pet Stop, 1875 Commercial Dr
Bosley’s by Pet Valu, 1005 Denman St
Melanie Mark, MLA Constituency Office, 1070-1641 Commercial Dr
BC SPCA Vancouver Branch, 1205 E 7th Ave
Bosleys on Yates St. / 110-911 Yates St
Bosleys on Shelbourne St. / 3749 Shelbourne St #215
Pet Planet in Westside Village / 174 Wilson St #100
Paws On Cook on Cook St. / 359 Cook St
The Dog and Dish Pet Food in Fairfield Plaza / 1516 Fairfield Rd
Godfrey’s Luggage on Douglas St. / 2508 Douglas St
Broadmead Village Veterinary Clinic / 240-777 Royal Oak Drive
- Call your MLA in British Columbia (find them here: https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members). Let them know that “no pets” policies are a thing of the past. Ontario has prohibited no pets policies for over 25 years, and they’re doing just fine with it. Ask your MLA what they intend to do about this, and remind them that you will remember what they say on voting day.
- Attend local all-candidates debates and other election events in your riding during this election cycle, and ask questions of the individuals who claim to want to represent your interests. If we want to keep our homes and families together, we need to put the pressure on our elected representatives to work on this on our behalf.